Deal or No Deal: Snapchat, Facebook, and 1 Billion dollars.

Meet Ghostface Chillah, the mascot of the wildly popular photo-sharing app Snapchat. He could have very well been acquired by Facebook, but Snapchat turned down the $1 Billion offer. For many, this can ring a bell. Sound like Facebook and Instagram?

Snapchat is another no-revenue photo-sharing application, just like Instagram, but it is a company that has potential to charge companies for using its ‘Stories’ function for advertising.

This story strikes close to home for many because Snapchat is an application with a user demographic of 13-24. My friends and I constantly use Snapchat.

I myself would not mind if companies used Snapchat to send me advertisements via Stories, as long as they were funny, creative, or ridiculous. Because that’s just what Snapchat is. It’s a strange but direct way to get to a consumer, using an app that people generally receive crazy photos on… so why not?

Snapchat can possibly be a new marketing tool for many companies. It could open up a new world for marketers. But first, Snapchat needs to develop and grow its product just a bit more.

source: http://mashable.com/2013/10/26/facebook-snapchat/