23:00 Late night snack

Before i go to bed I like to enjoy a little snack. I usually will have greek yoghurt with some honey. I buy my greek yoghurt from the grocery store and it is made in Greece. Greek yoghurt is distinctive for its rich quality and high-protein content. Greek yoghurt is produced differently than regular yoghurt as it has been strained of its whey content. Greek yoghurt is full-fat and either made from sheep or goats milk. Having lived in Greece I have seen the production first hand and I can say with certitude that traditional methods are still used. For instance, in many small villages the goats/sheep are allowed to roam freely around the fields and graze appropriately. Their milk is often hand extracted (they claim it is more natural). The milk is sent to a yoghurt factory (FAGE is the main one). The yoghurt is made through heated and then cooled overnight. After that the straining process begins where the yoghurt is passed through a cloth filter to remove its whey content and giving it a rich and thick flavour. FAGE then packages the product in plastic containers and exports worldwide.

I pick up my honey form the same place as my vegetables: the local market. The honey is taken from Bee hives in lancashire (a northern part of the country). The vendor sells directly to the market owner and is a very small scale operation which is why I like it. There are no preservatives added to the Honey and the flavour is very natural.