LFS Departmental Awards

Standard

Good afternoon:

I suspect some of you have been questioning emails that you received from The Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies today advising you of an award notification and asking you to either accept or decline the offer. I can assure you this isn’t SPAM and the email wasn’t sent to you in error!!

G&PS has been reviewing and processing the award recommendations for the LFS Departmental Awards that I’ve been submitting for the last couple of weeks and award offers started being sent to students today. For the most part, these are endowed awards administered through G&PS. As such, G&PS very carefully reviews each and every nomination to ensure the student fits the award description. In addition, they have to make sure funding is available for each of the awards. This is why we are not allowed to inform students of nominations as, occasionally, we do submit nominations that we feel meet the award description only to have G&PS advise us that they don’t.

The majority of the awards were offered today. There are a few more that will be offered next week. G&PS has advised me that they will all be processed and offered before tuition is due in September. Once they have all been offered, I will be posting a list of awards and winners on our awards website.

A big thank you to all of our Program Graduate Advisors for reviewing and ranking our LFS “Major” (Greater Than $10,000) Awards and Scholarships and also for submitting nominees for the LFS “Minor” (Less Than $10,000) Awards and Scholarships.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Shelley