Video Contest; Only three weeks to go!

Standard

There are only three weeks left for video submissions for the IUFoST Student Video Competition.   Please make sure you don’t miss the deadline on JULY 5th for the chance to win. Prizes include $1000 (USD), $500 (USD), $100 (USD) and an invaluable opportunity to impress international experts in food science and technology, with an exclusive premier of the winning video at the IUFoST 2016 World Congress. 

Best of luck! We look forward to seeing your video!

iufost.org/iufost-student-video-competition

As you may be aware, IUFoST is running a video contest for students in conjunction with the 2016 IUFoST World Congress in Dublin. We are hoping to get many entries for this exciting competition, as it will showcase how food science and tech are benefitting communities around the world, from the unique perspective of a student-generated video. We have great prizes, but more importantly, this a plum opportunity for a budding food science student to impress attendees of the Congress with an exclusive premiere of their winning entry.

(Details and rules can be found here: http://iufost.org/iufost-student-video-competition )

The  reason for my note is two fold:

1) Would you please consider promoting this contest and encouraging submissions through your contacts at UBC and elsewhere?  Any student over 18 is eligible. We would be very grateful.

2) We are promoting this contest through our social media accounts, including Twitter (which I curate). With your permission I would like to include some quotes from you in the posts: They are as follows:

“We can’t wait to see the #videos. Our judges are excited to see the entries!” IUFoST Pres. R. Yada…www.iufost.org

“We are very much looking forward to showcasing the #videos at the @IUFoST2016 Congress” R.Yada, IUFoST President

IUFoST President, R.Yada:”There are many excellent entries for our #student #video competition:No clear winner yet!”

Please let me know if you are comfortable with these posts. I will not publish them until I hear back from you.

Thank you very much for your support of this contest! I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.  We are very excited and eagerly anticipate viewing the entries.

Sincerely,
Susanna Rosebush
IUFoST Social Media
socialmedia@iufost.org