Dear Graduate Students,
A warm and heartfelt congratulations to the graduating class of 2014! It’s been wonderful to share some time with you. Best of luck in your next adventure. Send us some real world tips when you arrive!
We hope you like our newly upgraded newsletter! We may experience a few glitches as we get used to the new system: forgive them forthwith! We’ll also ask you to update your information to make sure we’re reaching you at your most correct address. Let’s get this show on the road!
GSS Research & Conferences
– The GSS and the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is carrying out a qualitative study of graduate students’ perceptions of mentoring. We will be exploring graduate students’ perspectives on mentoring to inform and improve mentoring as an integral part of teaching and learning at UBC. We’d now like to invite you to participate in this study and share your experiences and perspective with us. Please review the official invitation letter and consent form then sign up to do your bit in helping us improve the graduate student mentorship experience at UBC.
– The GSS is proud to host the Alliance of B.C. Students’ AGM on May 31st – June 1st here at UBC Vancouver. The ABCS is the largest BC student advocacy body representing over 140,000 students at seven post-secondary institutions. If you’d like to get involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSS Social & Recreational
– GSS Art Class: The Summer Sketch starts May 30th- July 18th! Work on your sketching skills and start to see nature in a whole new way! Read the detailed course description to find out more, and sign up!
– Have you signed up for our Pilates or Zumba, Yoga or Bellydance Fitness classes? Click through to the various classes for more information and to register. All classes start on June 3rd! Make a date with us!
– Learn/Improve your French! The GSS is offering two French classes this summer beginning May 26th- July 21st for beginners and intermediate learners. Learn about the courses and register!
Apply to be a Graduate Research Assistant! The Vice-President, Students Office and the CTLT are working in partnership with the AMS and GSS on a project to understand the student experience of Flexible Learning at UBC. There are two positions, one to begin in June 2014 and the other in September 2014, each for 10 months at 10 hours a week. Learn more about this opportunity and apply by June 6th, at 4pm!
Thanks for reading all the way through! Do let us know what you think of our new format, and don’t forget to enable images! Everybody knows, pictures make everything prettier! Have a lovely week.