September 2015 degree conferral
|Last day for application for September 2015 degree granting and November 2015 Congregation
||Friday, 21 August 2015
||Last day to apply to have your degree granted in September 2015. Congregation will be in November 2015. Application is made through the Student Service Centre.
|Last Day for Acceptance of Final, Approved Doctoral Dissertation (September 2015 Degree Conferral)
||Friday, 21 August 2015
||Fourth of four deadlines for September 2015 degree conferral.
Last day for acceptance of final, approved doctoral dissertation by the Faculty of Graduate Studies for September 2015 degree conferral.
|Last day for G+PS approval of final master’s theses and doctoral dissertations for September 2015 degree granting
||Friday, 21 August 2015
||Last day for final master’s theses and doctoral dissertations to be approved by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for degrees to be granted in September 2015. Must be approved and accepted by 4:00 pm. Congregation will be in November 2015.
|Last day for programs to notify G+PS that requirements have been met for September 2015 degree granting
||Friday, 21 August 2015
||Last day for graduate programs to notify the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies that all requirements (including major papers) have been met for non-thesis master’s degrees to be granted in September 2015. Congregation will be in November 2015.
|Application to graduate opens
||Saturday, 22 August 2015
||Application for November 2015 degree granting and November 2015 Congregation opens.
|Last day for approval of final master’s theses and doctoral dissertations for August 31 2015 end date
||Monday, 31 August 2015
||Last day for final master’s theses and doctoral dissertations to be approved by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for August 31 2015 program end date. Must be approved and accepted by 4:00 pm Students who meet this deadline will not be assessed tuition and student fees for 2015/16 Winter Session Term 1. IMPORTANT: For students planning to have their degrees granted in September 2015, the deadline for approval of theses and dissertations is Friday August 21, 2015.
The Department of Biology at the University of Toronto Mississauga is recruiting two new positions in Plant Biology. The job descriptions are posted on our website at http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/biology/job-postings#faculty. I have also attached copies of the advertisements to this email.
- Plant Epigentics and RNA Biology
- Plant Metabolism
2015 Plant Epigenetics and RNA Biology UTM
2015 Plant Metabolism UTM
I am requesting to have these jobs posted on your job board, website, social media or circulated widely through your listservs. The closing date for both positions is September 14, 2015.
(on behalf of the Chair of Biology, Prof. Angela Lange)
Stephanie do Rego
Assistant to the Chair and Undergraduate Assistant,
Department of Biology
Rm 3056 Davis Building
University of Toronto Mississauga
3359 Mississauga Road, L5L 1C6
Ph: (905) 828-3876 Fx: (905) 569-4275
Follow us on Twitter @utmbiology
Dan David Prize
Three prizes of US$ 1,000,000 each are awarded annually in fields chosen within the three time dimensions – Past Present and Future.
The Dan David Prize is a joint international enterprise endowed by the Dan David Foundation and headquartered at Tel Aviv University.
Ten percent of the prize is donated by the laureates as scholarships to outstanding young researchers, doctoral and postdoctoral students, studying topics related to the chosen fields.
Call for Prize Nominations 201 6
The Dan David Prize is awarded to individuals and Institutions with proven exceptional excellence and contribution to humanity in the sciences, arts, humanities, public service and business.
Nominations deadline: November 30, 20 15
For information regarding the Dan David Prize and nominations submission, please consult our website www.dandavidprize.org
Ms. Smadar Fisher. Director
Prof. Isaac P. Witz. Scientific Adviser Dan David Prize
Call for Scholarship Applications 201 6
Each year the Dan David Prize awards 20 scholarships of US$ 15.000 each to outstanding doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers:
- 10 scholarships are awarded to students from universities all over the world and
- 10 scholarships to students from Tel Aviv
Advanced doctoral and postdoctoral students of excellent achievements and promise studying topics related to the fields chosen for this year, are Invited to apply for the Dan David Prize Scholarships 2016 .
Applications deadline: March 10, 2016
For deta1ls regarding scholarships. please consult our website : www.dandavidprize.org
Deadline Friday, 11 September, 2015
Annual Value up to $6,000 for three to six months
The Canada Graduate Scholarship Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements (CGS-MSFSS) Program supports high-calibre Canadian graduate students pursuing exceptional research experiences at research institutions outside of Canada.
This program is available to Canadian citizens or permanent residents who hold a Vanier Scholarship or a Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) at the Master’s or doctoral level.
Note that international students who hold a Vanier scholarship are not eligible for this competition, and students who hold other types of awards from the Tri-Agencies are not eligible (e.g. NSERC PGSD, SSHRC DF, etc.).
Students must submit the following application materials to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies:
- signed and dated CGS-MSFSS application form. The application forms are common for all three agencies, and are accessed through any of the funding agency websites, completed online, and then printed off for submission to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- outline of proposed research while abroad (maximum two pages), including:
- a detailed description of your proposed research activities during your study period abroad
- a description of the potential benefits that you will derive from working at, or attending, the host institution (or other foreign study location, if applicable) in relation to your current research objectives
- timelines regarding your research study period abroad (start and end dates)
- for CGS Master’s and Vanier CGS recipients only, an up to date copy of the research proposal for your current CGS
- letter of support from current research supervisor (maximum one page)
- letter of support from potential host supervisor (maximum one page). The host supervisor will also need to indicate that they have the resources available (financial, supervision time, equipment, etc.) to support your planned research activities. If the host supervisor’s primary place of employment is outside academia, they must demonstrate that they have supervised graduate student researchers.
- Faxed or scanned supervisor letters printed on official letterhead and including the supervisor signature are acceptable.
All student signatures on SSHRC applications must be in ink.
Further information available at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarship-michael-smith…
The CTLT Summer Institute is August 24 – 27. The target audience for the following sessions is Graduate Students and TA’s. Please advertise these events to your Graduate Students.
- Leading Discussions (for TA’s & Grad Students), Tuesday, August 25
- TA-Instructor Working Relationship (for TA’s), Wednesday, August 26
- Presentation Skills (for TA’s & Grad Students), Thursday, August 27
For more information or to register, please click here