The Affiliated Fellowship forms for applicants for Master’s-level funding for the 2016-2017 competition have now been posted to the Graduate Awards website:
- Application form – https://www.grad.ubc.ca/forms/affiliated-fellowships-application-form-applicants-masters-level-funding
- Instructions – https://www.grad.ubc.ca/forms/affiliated-fellowships-application-form-applicants-masters-level-funding
- Reference form – https://www.grad.ubc.ca/forms/affiliated-fellowships-application-form-applicants-masters-level-funding
The deadline by which Affiliated Fellowship applications for Master’s-level funding must be submitted to our office is Tuesday, December 1, 2015 (same as the deadline for Tri-Agency CGSM applications).
For any LFS Master’s level student who plans to apply for CGSM or Affiliated Fellowships – please check your eligibility before submitting an application. The GPA required is a 1st class standing in EACH of the last 2 years of full time study. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you plan on submitting a CGSM or an Affiliated Fellowship application, please let me know by Friday, November 27th at the latest so that I can prepare your transcripts in advance. It is your responsibility to ensure any required transcript is received by the LFS Graduate Office by December 1st.
To be eligible, applicants must have completed, as of December 31, 2015, between zero and 12 months of full time studies (or full-time equivalent) in:
- the master’s program for which they are requesting funding; or
- the doctoral program for which they are requesting funding if they were admitted into a doctoral program directly from their bachelor’s program (they were never registered in a master’s program, or are registered in a combined Master’s-PhD program); or
- a master’s program, but are requesting funding for a doctoral program (an example is a student who is fast-tracked from a Master’s to a doctoral program within 12 months of starting their Master’s and is seeking funding for the first 12 months of their doctoral program)
- All applicants must submit transcripts for all university-level studies (including studies undertaken but not completed) up to 31 August 2015.
- For institutions other than UBC, only official transcripts will be accepted. These may be original or certified true copies provided by our office
- For UBC, the applicant’s “Academic History” printed from the SISC by the applicant’s graduate program will be accepted.
- Translations of transcripts in any languages other than French and English must be included.
- It remains the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required transcripts have been provided to hour office by 1 December 2015
Canadian Common CV
Applicants are required to complete the CCV from the Canadian Common CV Web site (https://ccv-cvc.ca/indexresearcher-eng.frm ) as part of their Affiliated Fellowship application.
Refer to the Canadian Common CV – How to Complete the Canada Graduate Scholarships Master’s Version (http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/CCV_CGSM-CVC_BESCM_eng.asp ; steps 1-5 ) for details. Applicants to the Affiliated Fellowship competition must complete the CGS-Master’s template of the CCV.
Lia Maria Dragan
Graduate Programs Office | Faculty of Land and Food Systems
The University of British Columbia |344-2357 Main Mall | Vancouver BC Canada V6T 1Z4
hone 604.822.8373 | Fax 604.822.4400
Lia.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org