We are currently hiring a Summer Student to work with the Umbrella Mobile Clinic- a program that provides migrant farm workers access to healthcare. Would you be able to share it with the student network again?
Our website is: http://umbrellacoop.ca/opportunities
Thank you so much,
Umbrella Mobile Clinic Coordinator
Umbrella Multicultural Health Co-Op
630B Carnarvon St.
New Westminster, BC
Ph: 604-553-0633 (M-W-F)
Job Posting: Summer Student (Full time, June 3 – August 28)
Umbrella Mobile Clinic is looking for a full time summer student to join our team!
We are a cooperative that provides health care services that are appropriate in language and culture to individuals from refugee, immigrant, migrant and newcomer communities. The Mobile Clinic provides medical services to migrant farm workers during the summer months.
ROLE: ONSITE COORDINATOR/ADMIN ASSISTANT
- Manage patient and client files and records
- Assist patients with processing and filing medical claims
- Assist with booking and coordinating transportation, language and cultural support for clients’ follow-up and specialist appointments
- Support day to day office administrative tasks
- Support staff and volunteers in fundraising, public relations, community development and more
- Prepare logistics for Sunday clinics 3-4 times per month
- Onsite coordinator for Sunday clinics 3-4 times per month
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (active listening, responsive, adaptable)
- Independent worker
- Highly organized with excellent prioritization
- Team player (can create connection and support needs of team)
- Creative and independent problem solving
- Excellent judgement, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Manage relationships that is respectful of diverse cultures
- Fluency in Spanish
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee (granted protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
- Full time student during the previous academic year and returning to school full time in next academic year
- Between the ages of 15-30
Preference will be given to candidates who have lived experiences of migration.
PAY: $10.45/hr Hours: 40hrs/week
START DATE: Friday June 3, 2016 END DATE: Sunday August 28, 2016
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Sunday May 29th at midnight, 2016
Interviews will be held on Wednesday June 1st, 2016.
If you’re interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume (all in one document) to Joana Bettocchi at: email@example.com with the subject line “Mobile Clinic Summer Student”. Please title your application in the following way:
We thank all applicants. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to everyone, just those candidates invited to interview.