One teaching assistant is needed from January to April 2021. The TA will assist primarily with logistical communication (with community members and students) related to course assignments and events, organizing breakout rooms and moderating the Zoom chat during class (Wednesdays 1-4pm), and other similar tasks as required. No marking is required in this role.
Estimated 5-10 hours of work per week (at the higher end in the start of the semester with less time per week after Reading Week), for a total of 100 hours.
- Must be available Wednesday afternoons 12:45-4pm
- Effective & professional written and oral communication skills
- 4th year undergraduate or graduate student
- Experience with Canvas and Zoom features
- Experience with dieticians/dietetics preferred, but not required
Please email the course instructor Anna Brisco with a short introduction explaining your interest in the position.
Anna Brisco, RD
(they, them pronouns)
Adjunct Professor – UBC Dietetics
M.Ed student – Curriculum, Teaching and Learning (OISE, Toronto)
I am writing to you from the unceded territories of the šxʷməθkʷəy̓əmaɁɬ (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh-ulh (Squamish) and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh).
Learn more from https://native-land.ca/