Have you always wanted to use your Agricultural or Animal Science skills in other countries? You are needed in:
GHANA: Teach at Agricultural College
- Ghana is one of the drumming-est, most friendly countries in Africa!
- No teaching or university experience necessary.
- What is needed are farmers with a strong background in organic farming, permaculture and/or sustainable agriculture.
- Mentor in the field and “download” your skills.
- Your knowledge so important to farmers in Ghana they will put you on the radio!
ECUADOR: Rural development
- Come work with the indigenous women in the beautiful Andes.
- They would like to both learn more sustainable farming methods and animal husbandry.
- Spanish is essential; Quechua helpful.
CAMEROON: Rural development
- Farmers in the remote rural villages have just enough food to subsist.
- They would like to learn better methods so that they have enough food for a cash crop.
- Come teach them mulching, rain water harvesting and how they can enrich their soil.
- Teach & mentor them in how to raise goats, chicken and/or rabbits so they will have more protein.
- Like other remote parts of the world, it is difficult to eke out a living.
- This organization has done a phenomenal job of raising fruit trees and almonds & walnuts.
- They employ local women tending 1.4 million seedlings at 14 nurseries.
- They welcome people with an agricultural background to improve on what they are doing.
PERU: Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
- Likewise, it is difficult to eke out a living at 10,000 feet in the mountains of Peru.
- It is difficult to raise food. People eat guinea pig.
- This organization’s brilliant solution? They have built green houses so they can raise more vegetables.
- They welcome people with an Agricultural & Animal Husbandry background to help increase food & nutrition to people.
Both experienced farmers & students needed for these volunteer opportunities.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
When to Apply:
People are already beginning to apply to volunteer in June, July & August! It is smart to finish the application process by March so you have time to prepare to go to another country. Our volunteer programs do not just run in June, July & August – that is simply when most people can go.