Robson Ramble

The last Friday and Saturday of term are hard to study on. Everyone wants to celebrate the last day of classes for another school year before they settle into studying.

I am not that much different. On Friday, I was on a mission to find new jeans. Preferably two, if I could find them, but definitely at least one. I went with a couple of girlfriends to Robson Street for window-shopping, which is always fun, but alas, no jeans within an affordable price range. Jeans were within the $40 to $70 price range, while my budget is for $30 at the very most. My mission is not complete just yet, but it will be.

The problem is, of course, that I have options. I have the option of buying my clothes in Hong Kong for anywhere from half the price to an eighth of the price. A fraction. When this option is open to me, I’m loathe to spend more than I need.

Granted, Robson was not the best place to go for such a specific mission. It was still very fun to wander around with friends and to snack, though. I spent more on food than anything else: I had a hot dog, gelato, and then a crepe at Cafe Crepe. Cafe Crepe alone is worth the trip downtown; I was so sad when the one on campus closed down. If I knew how to make crepes, believe me when I say I’d make them!

One response to “Robson Ramble