Exam Excitement

I just found out that exam timetables are up — I don’t know when they came out — and my schedule resembles something like this:

Monday: Term paper due
Tuesday: Take-home essay/paper due
Wednesday: EOSC exam
Thursday: Chinese exam
Friday: Old English exam

and I will probably have a Chinese oral exam to do online due around then.

The crunch is really not the exciting part (in fact, I think I will get butterflies in late November).

The exciting part is that I’m done by December 5th. I’m walking about a little dazed and stunned by the possibilities this opens up to me — I can go home earlier, maybe even much earlier. (My ticket’s currently booked for the 21st.) My two weeks’ rushed holiday is a month. I can get my wisdom teeth pulled out before they close for the winter holidays (I insist on going to my lifelong HK dentist; I fear Canadian dentists). I may be able to make it back in time for my mother’s birthday. I can visit my secondary school and see some of my old teachers.

But while a part of me is tempted to jump onto the next available midnight flight between the 5th and the 6th, I suppose I should check with all my various commitments and find out when they can spare me, and I was going to take some time after exams to get my L driver’s license (that’s right, I have not yet done the written test and am not qualified to drive, mostly because legal driving age in HK is 18 and there wasn’t enough time between my birthday and leaving for uni to learn), and I was looking forward to hanging out with friends here for a couple of days after exams (because face it, there’s hardly any time to really relax together during school)…

Oh forget it, I want to go home.

4 responses to “Exam Excitement