Things I Love Thursday

Missed last week’s Things I Love Thursday post, which makes this my first one of 2011!

So 11 things that I love and am happy for:

♥ I’m so glad I got to have my family together for over the winter break. I’m glad that they’re alive and well.

♥ One of my friends sent me a link to one of the most beautiful wedding cakes I’ve ever seen on the incredibly lovely Desserts for Breakfast blog. (Those orchids are made of sugar!)

♥ This same gorgeous friend also introduced me to Dalton Ghetti’s amazing artwork made on the tips of used pencils.

♥ Mango pudding is one of my favourite desserts at Chinese restaurants. As are egg tarts and dim sum in general. (Especially the dim sum that comes on push-carts!)

♥ I’m grateful to live in a place where I can often see the pale feather of the moon soaring high in cloudless blue skies, long before the sun has begun its evening descent.

♥ Meet-ups with old, high school friends are sometimes the best. It never ceases to amaze me how much some people can still care for one another over distances and time, and I’m humbled by what you give me.

♥ New notebook to journal in for the new year! It is black with a pattern of coloured peace symbols that really cheers me up just looking at it. Also, new posters for my room which quite delight me.

♥ I have a supervisor for my thesis, hurrah hurrah! Was quite worried I wouldn’t find one for this term and then have to do it next term, which would have thrown quite the spanner into the works. Discussions are going splendidly.

♥ UBC has some of the best events to look forward to throughout the year. Have you noticed? There was the SLC last week, UBC’s Got Talent tomorrow, and the annual Vagina Monologues will be playing next month. Students here rock!

♥ A couple of friends recently introduced me to McCormick’s cinnamon sugar blend. Who knows why I crave this like nothing else when ill, but I do, and am so thankful to have a bottle to myself. Sprinkle sprinkle pooouuur.

♥ Lastly, but certainly not least important, are the comments that you leave me. Thank you for letting me know when you like or can relate to something I’ve written enough to let me know. I always do this little inner happy dance when a post has done a little more for someone than pass the time. You make my day — sometimes even my week — and you ought to know how lovely you are in the simple things you do.

Much love and joy for the week!

2 responses to “Things I Love Thursday