Birthday Thanks

Thanks go out to the long list of wonderful people who took time out of their busy schedules to put ‘happy’ into ‘birthday’ — you turned a lousy, insomnia-ridden start to my day into an upward trajectory that’s continuing even today.

I’ve already thanked most of you personally for showering me with love, food and candy, but some special shout-outs include:

♥ Jie, for calling me two days before my birthday to say, ‘I can’t wait until you’re as old as I am. Oh, yes, and I wanted to be the first to wish you a happy birthday’ — mission accomplished;

♥ my Twin in Hong Kong who chatted with me on the phone until two minutes after midnight, when she said, ‘Is it your birthday yet?’;

♥ the girls who hunt me down during my lunch break despite their own busyness;

♥ all my lovely ladies who joined me in my ramen-quest in the afternoon, and for gelato;

♥ my friend who serenaded me on YouTube;

♥ my friends who put together a surprise package which I almost didn’t find because I am inconsistent about checking my mailbox like that, and for making a substantial donation to the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative for my sake.

Thank you to everyone who wrote me messages, emailed, texted, called and looked me up in person to let me know you care. I feel tremendously loved and can’t stop patting myself on the back for my talent of finding and befriending wonderful human beings like you.

All my love, as always.

P.S. I can’t accept any more sugar for the next four weeks. I am seriously afraid of developing Type II diabetes, no joke.

Comments off while I continue catching up.