UBC Career Services is one of the most comprehensive, useful services I’ve yet found at this institution. Not only do they give career guidance in the form of resume and cover letter advice, workshops, and one-to-one advising, they also host a dozen employer information sessions at the beginning of each new year.
See, for example, who’s coming in January:
- January 12: UofT Masters of Management & Accounting Program
- January 12: Devon Canada
- January 17: IBM
- January 18: Chartered Accountants of BC
- January 23: Ministry of Transportation
- January 25: SINT Eustasius
- January 26: Rexall Pharmacy
- January 26: Electronic Arts (EA)
- January 30: NVIDIA
- January 31: Microsoft Intern
…with only another half dozen due to come in February. These info sessions are designed for small groups interested in hearing about current work trends and what employers are looking for. For more information and to register, take a look at the Career Services page on employer info sessions.
All this on top of Arts Internship Program info sessions, New Teacher and Kinesiology Career Fairs, and workshops on resumes and conducting telephone interviews. It’s pretty impressive. You can find a full list of events on the Career Services calendar, and click around for a full list of services offered to students.