Monthly Archives: May 2020

Task 4: Manual Scripts

Letters to No One This is the finished product of my two letters to no one. I’ve applied a photocopy filter to the original photograph so that you can more clearly see my writing. Do you normally write by hand … Continue reading

Posted in ETEC540 Tasks | 4 Comments

Link 1: What’s in Your Bag

I’ve decided to examine Shaun’s What’s in Your Bag task. This is based on my observations at the time of writing (May 23, 2020). How has your colleague’s experience differed from yours? And how do you know? Shaun chose to … Continue reading

Posted in Linking Assignment | Leave a comment

Task 3: The story of my voice to text task

The story of me trying to do the voice to text task Hello the test can you hear me okay I think this is working on so this is the speech-to-text task I don’t know what kind of story of … Continue reading

Posted in ETEC540 Tasks | 2 Comments

Task 2: Does language shape the way we think?

For this task, we used CLAS (Collaborative Learning Annotation System) to annotate Lera Boroditsky’s talk: I really enjoyed this talk because it helped me understand how language is a technology that shapes the texts (e.g., speech, written work) that we … Continue reading

Posted in ETEC540 Tasks | Leave a comment

Reflecting upon value-laden language

I’ve been reading ahead for Week 2, and loved Lera Boroditsky’s talk on how language shapes the way we think. I didn’t know that there were some languages that did not have words for numbers or that there were so … Continue reading

Posted in Ramblings | Leave a comment

Task 1: What’s in my bag?

Hi, I’m Linda. I am an instructional designer and course & educational technology assistant at the University of Toronto. This task is based on Ellie Brown’s bag series that “explores the duality between the way people characterize themselves in public … Continue reading

Posted in ETEC540 Tasks | 7 Comments

First Impressions for a New Semester

Happy May! This is my first MET course where we are not using the native Canvas discussion boards! This feels a little unusual but I am looking forward to how this is going to work. Luckily, I have blogged in ETEC 533 … Continue reading

Posted in Ramblings | 2 Comments