Staying Defensive for week 2

My Portfolio summary

Last week my portfolio value is $97174.32 with a negative profit. But this week I achieved a changeover. My portfolio value ends at $101,215.42 with a 1.22% return. Staying defensive is my main strategy for this week because of the uncertainty of the market.

After a long watching and analysis, I made some trades at the end of this week.

Market analysis for this week

Wheat

Wheat prices rose Friday for a fifth-straight day, as traders focused on the unfavorable weather impacting crop.

The price of December wheat rose 4.75 cents, or 0.7 percent, to $6.83 a bushel. Wheat prices are at their highest level since mid-July. The last time wheat prices rose five-straight days was early March.

I bought wheat last week and keep it to get profit this week. It contributed to my total value to balance the loss on the other two commodities. At the end of this week, I stop buy more wheat at the price $6.38.

Corn

The analysis about corn seems wrong by this week. December corn prices fell 2.75 cents, or 0.6 percent, to $4.54 a bushel. I thought it is at the low price for these few months, but I got some information that the price may still drop for a few days. So I did nothing on corn and keep watching.

Soybeans

According to the weather condition and the rising yield of soybeans. Many people who shout the soybeans this week suffer a loss. But I think the influence will continue to have an impact on the price of soybeans. I short 10 units of soybeans for the next week.

Points 

portfolio investment is really important.