RE: Cadillac Success Story

the 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

The new Cadillac CTS-V is certainly an impressive car when you look at the numbers: a 556hp two tonne sedan that is just 3 seconds off the pace of the Porsche Panamera Turbo around the Nordschleife? There is no question you get huge bang for your buck if you’re looking for something to wake you up in the morning, but how often does the average businessman take his daily driver to the track?

In Jenny’s Blog she says that Cadillac has “framed itself as a luxury car that is equivalent to BMW and Benz (and) make BMW and Benz look boring”. The new Cadillac is mean and well muscled but when I’m driving to work when I’m 28, I want refinement. I want precision engineering and grace. want something that does not look like something out of a java game I played in the 5th grade.

the new BMW M6 F12

If that is considered “boring” I am okay with that. A quick look at sales numbers in Europe suggest like minded people.

The good news for Cadillac is there are plenty of people buying their new car. After all; they are the Cadillac of cars.