About Me

BlossomsI am currently in the Bachelors of Education Program at UBC and my teachable subjects are Business Education and ELL.  I graduated with a Bachelors of Business

Administration in Human Resources from Kwantlen Polytechnic University.  I have worked in the Sales and Human Resources in the Telecommunications industry for over 10 years and have enjoyed learning and gaining experience.  However, I realized I wanted a more dynamic work place setting and enjoyed teaching and developing employees and youth to be my passion.

I took a leap of faith and committed myself to teaching abroad in South Korea for one year.  Soon, that one year turned into three wonderful years where I was placed in multiple settings where I had to be flexible and adapt to new environments.  I realized I enjoyed the dynamic and supportive work place in a school, and I was motivated and encouraged by witnessing my students grow and improve in their English skills throughout the years I was at the school.  It was during my final year in South Korea that I decided to apply for the Bachelor’s of Education Program at UBC.

20130801_120501

Aside from school and work, I am involved in extra curricular sport activities such as Dragon Boat and Ocean Rigger.  I enjoy participating in team sports and I love the feeling of a good team bond.  In the near future, I will coach my very first Junior Dragon Boat team at my practicum school.  I look forward to the instilling the same love and passion for the sport in the young paddlers.

bd

Hopefully I’ll be able to find time to do another one of my passions-eat all the wonderful foods and dishes in the world.  I’m a very curious person, and I hope my curiosity will guide me through my triumphs and mistakes as I work toward my goal of being a secondary Business Education and ELL teacher.  Thank you for reading my blog.  It’ll be a place where I’ll write my reflection and thoughts as I progress in the B.Ed program.

-Ms. Trinh