I applied to the Burning Man Low Income Lottery in February and to be honest I basically blocked it out of my head/suppressed the memory because I was so doubtful I would get a ticket. WELL. TODAY I GOT AN EMAIL THAT TOLD ME I AM GOING TO BURNING MAN! This will be my first time and I am ecstatic. I would try to tell you all about it (or what I know of it) but according to their website: “Trying to explain what Burning Man is to someone who has never been to the event is a bit like trying to explain what a particular color looks like to someone who is blind […] to truly understand this event, one must participate.”  (Burning Man)

Basically, Burning Man is a yearly festival in the Black Rock Desert in Nevada; “an annual experiment in temporary community dedicated to radical self-expression and radical self-reliance.” (Burning Man) No one who goes leaves unchanged (read more here).

ANYWAYS, I could not be more excited! And here are some pictures for you to stare at so you can be jealous 😉

©

One response

Do you want to comment?

Comments RSS ?

i didn’t even know they had a low income lottery, I would have definitely applied 🙁 my roommates and some friends went a couple of years ago and they said it was basically life-changing. they bought all of these cheap bikes and painted them in crazy colours to ride around. sigh, maybe next year! i’m sure you’ll have a great time!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.