How Crucial is the Organizational Culture?

Organizational Culture is the value, beliefs and the working environment provided by employer to the employees, as well as the spirit behind its brand. We can think of some examples of company that has a family-like atmosphere such as Google Inc., Facebook and Zappos. I entirely agree with the idea expressed by Rupert Soames, chief executive of energy supplier Aggreko, “It’s usually top-down; If the boss is good, a company is good. If the boss is bad, the company is bad.” Employers certainly play the leading role; employees would mimicking what the employers do, and become more loyal, passionate and hardworking. “I tell my people if you don’t love this company, if you don’t love what you do, don’t stay.” Allan Zeman, a Hong Kong-based entrepreneur states. Just as what Zappos is doing, they offer employees with $2000 to quit the job. “Our corporate culture is our brand”, this cash acquisition offer has left the company with employees that are all enthusiastic and loyal to the company and its brand.

Work cites:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23169441