Dine Out 2011: Water St. Cafe!

So Dine Out 2011 has officially came to an end.

YouTube Preview Image

Luckily, I was able to be able to enjoy one meal from one of the participating restaurants in Vancouver: Water St. Cafe with a Dine Out menu price of $28 per person.

Thought it might be interesting to do a simple market segmentation on this Dine Out experience I had:

Geographic: Water Street Cafe, located near Waterfront in downtown Vancouver where it is still rather cold at night since it is right by the water. Since it’s in downtown, the amount of population is very large, and Vancouver overall is a growing population.

Demographic: While being in the restaurant, I saw mostly middle-aged men and women, then a few tables with students around my own age. A mix of men and women, since there is no bias towards either sex when it comes to enjoying a good meal. Since the price does lean towards the more expensive side; the population that showed up at the restaurant are more wealthy, probably with a good amount of education, perhaps in the business industry mostly.

Psychographic: Since Dine Out offers 3 menu prices: $18, $28, $38- Water Street Cafe being priced at $28- is somewhat valuable to customers. The 3 course meal they offer is perhaps more geared towards people with richer lifestyles, enjoying a $30+ dinner per person and perhaps target towards those who care about food very much.

Behavioral: Personally, I only went to the restaurant cause I’ve been told the restaurant’s food is very nice- and since Dine Out is here, why not! But if it was not for this special occasion, I personally will not go often. Since this is considered “luxury good” it is rather price sensitive. When the economy is bad, people will perhaps not seek for gormet food as often. However, the dinner was very tasty- so the benefit is very subjective I would say!

So after some analysis… let’s look at some pictures from last night!!

starting off the night with some oysters… mmmmm!!

a picture with my boyfriend, Colin Zhang and our oysters :D!

then the main dish… veal scallopini!

group picture with everyone’s main dish :)!

And finally, a girl’s favourite part of the meal… DESSERT: TIRAMISU!!! <3

Had a fantastic time, and that’s it!

-Mandy