First it was Black and Yellow… Now Black & White?

Recently, Pokemon Black and White has been released. Back a few years when Pokemon first started- I was a BIG fan. I bought the cards, watched the show, movies, and battled, and played it on Game Boy. After versions Gold and Silver- I stopped playing, but the recent hype on Pokemon Black and White has got me playing again.

So in class we have been talking about advertising – so let’s do an analysis of Pokemon Black and White’s Advertising.

So this new game is rated E for Everyone. It’s target audience does not target only the young generation that are still watching the show, trading cards, but also the generation – including me, watched Pokemon start from the very beginning. Students my age around university are playing Pokemon Black and White- the hype is back! We talked about push and pull strategies for marketing- I honestly did not really see many advertisements for this new game so it’s rather a pull strategy where it is designed to get consumers to pull the product into the supply  chain by demanding it.

Personally, it was by word of mouth that I knew about the new game. But apparently, this has been a very important marketing tool for this new  game. Whenever I mention to my peers, they all know what I am talking about already and are already playing the game. Pokemon did not spend a lot on advertisements- instead, I find word of mouth to be one of the more powerful marketing tools.

So anyway, like I said- I began playing the game. It is really addicting- reminds me of my childhood when I used to play the earlier versions such as Blue/Red/Green/Yellow. Love it!

Here’s the official trailer for the newly released game: YouTube Preview Image

and here’s a link to the official game page:

http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/

Gotta catch ’em all!

Mandy