Oct 27 2010

IN THE NEST OF “NESTLE”

Published by at 2:03 PM under Uncategorized

Nestle is one of my all time favorite brands. It is a reminder of my childhood and a brand i wake up to every morning. From the tiny bites of kit-kats to the munching of nestle cereal that gives the milk that goes with it a touch of sweetness; Nestle has achieved what all marketers’ long-term goal is – Turning me into a loyal consumer of Nestle products.

Nestle’s product mix is vast and delicious. Out of all of Nestle assortment of goods a few of my favorites are:

MILO. SMARTIES. NESTEA. MAGGI. KIT KAT. HAAGEN DAZS. AFTER EIGHT.

I can still picture myself as a young child, sipping my milo in the morning, slurping a bowl of maggi insant noodles for lunch, and taking a long awaited bite of a kit kat in the afternoon after coming home from schoool.

I just discovered recently that Nestle, although many of its goods are avaiable worldwide; there are still a number of products that are specific to a certain country. There are different product lines of Nestle in North America and Asia. The Comm 296 Marketing Course has taught me that this sort of expansion and product variance is very common in relatively large and growing companies like Nestle where increasing profits, sales and brand image is concerned. However,  as stupid as it sounds, i had no idea about any of this before my marketing course. Living my whole life in south east asia; in countries like Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia; where all of Nestle products were the same; i gave no thought to the possibility that; when i moved to Canada a year ago to attend UBC; Nestle’s products offered there would differ to what i was normally used to in Asia.

A major product line that Nestle differed in was the Cereal line. It surprised me that in Canada, Nestle did not have a lot of variety when it came to cereal. They focused more on the chocolate and beverage line. In Asia however, particularly in the countries i lived in; Nestle had a large market share on the cereal line; where they were responsible for cereals like:

COCO CRUNCH. HONEY STARS. MILO CEREAL.

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS