Archive for November, 2009

Nov 21 2009

New Moon; I’m one of THOSE guys.

Published by under Uncategorized

Before you judge, let me just say that I don’t:

–          Squeal the second I see Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner

–          Plan on getting a Twilight quote via tattoo

–          Start freaking out the second I see a silver Volvo

–          Plan on going to a Twilight convention

–          OR spend hours on end on Twilight discussion forums

That, is a bit much. I do, whole-heartedly love the series though. I discovered it through my sister way before it became popular. My guess is all the Twihards ruined it for me.

I will admit, that I have done the following, and there are NOO regrets:

–          Dressed up as Jacob Black for the first movie (there were quite a few haters, everyone was still Team Edward)

–          Own every book in Hardcopy, each of which that have been read 2 – 4 times

–          Spent a bit too much of my time pondering what would happen in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn

–          Temped to travel down south to Forks and Port Angeles

–          Visited the cullen house in west van (and boy do I want it)

So yesterday my sister and I went to see the movie during the 4:20 viewing over at Scotiabank theatre. We had to deal with a lot of screaming kids and teens, but that was to be expected.

Verdict? Better then expected. The budget from what I hear was twice that of Twilight, the bland acting from Kristen Stewart seemed to have improved, and the graphics with the wolves was simply amazing. They added a bunch of scenes that weren’t in the books, as usual, but they added to the effect. There’s a good chance I’ll be going again soon with some girls from my sister floor; since too many guys aren’t comfy enough in their own skin to go.

And since I’m rockin the short fohawk now, I’m team Jacob; cause running with 10 ft tall wolves is so much cooler.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q58iQSHhZGg[/youtube]

2 responses so far

Nov 15 2009

Heroes, how I love thee.

Published by under Uncategorized

It started with a casual glance at the screen while my friend was watching Heroes. Then he let me borrow the first season. “Ok, I’ll borrow it but It’ll take me a while to finish it…there just isn’t enough time in my day to watch it!” I said. One episode a week turned into two. Two turned into 4. Next thing I know, I’m power-watching the first season of Heroes, going up to 5 episodes a day. Often till like 3 AM, no big deal.

Watching television shows and movies is a nice release. It allows you to be whisked away into a world where all you’re concerned about is the characters in the show.

Just attempt to prioritise. Only watch like an episode or two a day; no matter HOW good it’s getting.

Cheers!

4 responses so far

Nov 04 2009

Completed Midterms and Halloween Adventures with a side of Swine

Published by under Uncategorized

Im sure many of you think that I’m not much of a blogger. I realize its been almost a month since my last blog, but with midterms and assigments  out of the way, I’m attempting to post more often. This is partially AJ’s, Erica’s, and Megan’s bantering too, since they bug me about my lack of updating multiple times a week.

So overall, midterms were intense. I studied hard for them, killed psych and socio, and hit average on anthro and english. The multiple assignments that were completed the past 3 weeks have been marked as well and I’m glad to say all the hard work paid off. I still have a few major ones ahead of me but they can be completed within the next few weeks.

You can imagine how much I was looking forward to the dressing up and eating candy until I exploded. After my last midterm, I made a spontaneous decision to go to metrotown with a friend. It was a nice suprise seeing how easy it was to actually get there! It gave me a chance to finally ride the sky train. So we got there, pranced around the mall, got some weird looks and shopped around. I came out with a nice peacoat, and Antonnia with some face stuff from Sephora. Our way back was quite the adventure as well. Downtown vancouver was swamped with ghoul’s, waldo’s, and spidermen. It suprised me how many people came out dressed up! Deffinetely not a Hamilton thing.

So after getting back to campus, a bunch of friends and I hung around Totem, got rejected at the frats (if you’re a girl, you’re good to go), and then danced around in the pit. It made for a very, even so slightly blurred, fun night.

So aside from Halloween, how is everyone else coping with the crawling amounts of H1N1? It seems as though there is a weaker strain. I was hit with sick a few weeks ago, and just when I think I’m in the clear, my email inbox is overflowing with flue prevention emails. As Erica just mentioned, they even have that nifty new button on the SSC that allows you to go on sick leave. Pretty convenient. If I keep up my vitamin C intake, bundle up, and avoid shaking hands or sharing food with anyone that’s sweating profusely or looks like they’re about to yak, everything should be ok.

In any case, I’m off to continue with the assignments!

Rihanna’s new song is fantastic by the way. Link below, enjoy!

Rihanna – Russian Roulette

One response so far