Online Marketing, A scam or a good thing?…Most likely a good thing and not a scam.

Before I begin I want to share with you the song that is currently on repeat for me

As you may have heard Facebook has made it mandatory for all users to switch to their timeline format. Whether or not your a fan of it, it must be done. This includes the pages reserved for business’, some business’ may take a bit of time to adjust were as some are already relishing in the creative possiblities. As mentioned in Lee Odden’s Blog companies must be on top of this and make a point of being quick to adjust to the new format. As displayed by many companies already there is endless creative possibilities to what can be done to the timeline. In the not so distant future I predict that there will be a bit of a competition over who can stake claim to the best timeline cover photo profile picture combination.

Also this week I noticed the launch of a new advertising campaign. Launched by the Vancouver Canucks, the “this is our home” campaign is aimed at counteracting what occured during last years Stanley Cup riots. The ad is quite effective at conveying its message of personal responsibility and respect for others and your city. With the addition of past and present Canucks, the ad is sure to stick with many Canuck fans and fellow Vancouverites.