Rights for Frozen dolls sold to Hasbro

Disney has recently sold their rights to toys from their movie Frozen to toy company Hasbro. The toy rights for Frozen currently belong to Mattel but will shift to Hasbro staring in 2016. The agreement also includes the clothing and accessories for the dolls. This has caused Mattel’s stock price to fall and Hasbro’s to rise. This reflects badly on Disney for me because they are using their brand name to make them money; they already had a good deal with Mattel for the Frozen dolls so there was no need to change it. Manufacturers of toys will always want to have the rights to anything from Disney as they are such a well-known name worldwide. Even if Mattel was angry at Disney for doing this they won’t turn down any future offers from Disney for manufacturing rights as they know if they say no that Disney can just go to Hasbro or another toy manufacturer and sell the rights to them. I believe that once Disney has made a deal with a manufacturer they should stick to that deal and not be able to pull out and sell to another company. By doing this Disney is just using their manufacturers to see who they can get the best deal from and to me this goes against the ethics of business which I don’t believe is right.
image

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/hasbro-locks-rights-to-make-frozen-dolls-in-2016-1.2022309