Monthly Archives: November 2012

Work Experience (RE: Ryan Zhou’s blog post)

Especially in the society we live in today where there are more students graduating from post-secondary institutions than ever, having an education background is not enough to get a job. The reputation of the school may attract employers, but … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Target’s entry into Canada (RE: Matthew Kan’s Blog Post)

As the second largest discount retailer in the United States, the entry of Target into Canada will greatly impact many retailers including Wal-Mart, Costco, Canadian Tires and Sears. Matthew Kan’s blog post about Target Coming to Vancouver states that there … Continue reading

Doing “too well” may cost your the job?

After I read Liz Ryan’s blog post, “When Your Manager Is Afraid of You”, I suddenly got an “aha” moment. I got a sudden realization of the thought process of people with a high position within a company. Liz Ryan … Continue reading

“Diamonds are [no longer] forever[?]”

For the first time in decades, the sales of diamonds have been declining as the colored gem trade has increased in sales.  Rubies, sapphires, and topaz stones have become increasingly popular when choosing engagement rings due to many reasons. Colored … Continue reading

Arising Social Responsibility Mindset of Consumers and Businesses

Before entering University, I have never head of Dragon’s Den. However, after hearing that the show was about aspiring entrepreneurs giving pitches about their ideas or products to the “dragons” to acquire financial support by giving ownership for a part … Continue reading