UrtheCast

Have you ever imagined seeing the world through watching high-definition videos, streamed from space, at home? Neither have I. UrtheCast has been one of the coolest ideas that I have ever heard of. Streaming Earth from space and getting the views that only astronauts experienced before are ideas that have surpassed and are way beyond my imagination. However, few questions arise from the way UrtheCast broadcast its images through space. In nowadays, people see the importance of privacy more than anything else – the way that UrtheCast broadcast its videos might raise the awareness of certain group of people. Looking back in history, advancements in technological changes always come along with issues such as privacy and it seems to me that most of the time it is the only subject that people care about. Nonetheless, I believe there is a big tradeoff between technological advancements and privacy – if we want to be better at something, privacy is always that one element we need to give up in order to enjoy the benefits of technological advancements or in the possible future, people may come up with better ideas that help to cope with this big tradeoff that we cannot possibly solve now.

Image: http://www.urthecast.com/img/logo-large.png