Monthly Archives: July 2022

Task 12: Speculative Futures

In this video, you will see an advertisement for the V-Life. A fictitious VR headset that reflects on both utopian and dystopian life. Would you want to have a V-Life Headset?  Would

Posted in Task 12: Speculative Futures, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Linking Assignments

Posted in Linking Assignment | 2 Comments

Linking Assignment 6

I have chosen to reflect on Marie Finch’s Task 10 – Attention Economy, as seen here. Marie expressed her frustration with this task, and I could automatically relate! I am so surprised to see her time of under 5 minutes … Continue reading

Posted in Linking Assignment 6 | Leave a comment

Task 10: Attention Economy

This was a very interesting task, and I’m not even sure I made it to the end! Admittedly I did open the link a few times because I wanted to progress forward and get better. When the pop-up window said … Continue reading

Posted in Task 10: Attention Economy | Leave a comment

Linking Assignment 5

I chose to connect to Trista Ding’s Mode Bending Task for this assignment here. First, I needed to comment on at least one of Trista’s posts because I’ve never been in a class with another Trista before, nor met one … Continue reading

Posted in Linking Assignment 5, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Task 9: Network Assignment Using Golden Record Curation Quiz Data

When first looking at the data, I felt overwhelmed with lines and dots. Deciphering which dots and lines belonged to what spot was tricky for me to do, and I’m still not convinced I’ve mastered it. When looking at the … Continue reading

Posted in Task 9: Network Assignment Using Golden Record Curation Quiz Data, Uncategorized | 2 Comments

Task 8: Golden Record Curation 

Track 1: Brandenburg Concerto (First Movement) Track 7: Johnny B. Goode Track 10: Gavotte en rondeaux Track 11: The Magic Flute (Queen of the Night aria) Track 12: Tchakrulo Track 14: Melancholy Blues Track 16: Rite of Spring (Sacrificial Dance) … Continue reading

Posted in Task 8: Golden Record Curation | Leave a comment

Task 7: Mode Bending

References Dobson and Willinsky’s (2009) chapter “Digital Literacy” in the Cambridge Handbook of Literacy. Figueroa-Flores, J. F. (2016). Gamification and Game-Based Learning: Two Strategies for the 21stCentury Learner. World Journal of Educational Research, 3(2), 507-522. FitzPatrick, T. (2012). … Continue reading

Posted in Task 7: Mode-bending | 6 Comments