Linking Assignment 5

I chose to connect to Trista Ding’s Mode Bending Task for this assignment here.

First, I needed to comment on at least one of Trista’s posts because I’ve never been in a class with another Trista before, nor met one until Trista Ding, so I couldn’t resist!

I liked the format of Trista’s presentation in her mode bending assignment. She could clearly articulate the story of each item in her bag through a podcast, which I really enjoyed. I especially liked the sound effects added throughout the podcast. This was another element that made it ascetically pleasing to listen to. Because this was an auditory task, it was a really lovely touch. As Trista shared, through speaking, she wanted to share more with the audience versus the original task. By sharing more about her items verbally, I was able to connect more to who Trista is and learn more about her personality. I like how Trista mentioned that when talking, this felt like a more causal conversation versus a serious academic product. Unlike myself, Trista separated herself from the academic language. This is something I would push myself to do in the future. I could have sounded more authentic to my audience by not scripting my response. The newly constructed task, as Trista stated, allowed me also to build and transform my meaning. She further made a great connection to how students’ use of multiliteracy pedagogy is necessary for them to become capable designers who can navigate through different cultural and social contexts. What a great observation!

This entry was posted in Linking Assignment 5, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.