For my third Linking task I connected with Winnie and her Mode Bending various of What’s in my bag.

https://blogs.ubc.ca/etec540kong/2022/07/03/task-7-mode-bending-whats-in-my-bag/?unapproved=3&moderation-hash=92bb93c5e5e98411abea5d291e001202#comment-3

Hi Winnie, I loved the visual component of your Mode Bending Task. I have only used Genially once before, but I find the interactive components of the program combined with the visual and text features a great way to showcase information. As for items themselves, I can’t believe how much you carry around! It does seem to be that you enjoy the nomadic study lifestyle. Since I graduated I have always enjoyed the quiet spaces at home to work whether its inside out out. I think if I situated myself at a cafe I would not stop people watching and never get anything done.
You definitely have two sets of distinct contents: the technology side and the comfort side. The comfort of course has things that are required to allow you to move about the community and work where you like. Then you have the technology and the adaptations required for your nomadic study/work habits. Your ebook, laptop and phone all allow you to be able to move and work from where ever you need. In the podcast from week 4 of the course, Lamb and McCormick discuss the need for books to be transportable and that was why the book format moved away from stone tablets, which also meant that whoever had them were well off. That would be true today with the portability of laptops. They are usually a more expensive form of technology compared to their desktop versions (I know there are exceptions). We pay for portability. This portability though really can break barriers when it comes to accessibility for developing countries. Portable technology can give people in developing nations quick and easy access to knowledge about healthcare, careers, finances and of course education.

Although I am partial to using my home as my study place, I too make sure to change my view: office, bedroom, living room and deck are utilized because of the portability of my laptop.

On a side note my daughter is a huge crochet fan and loves to make tiny animals.

Lamb, R & McCormick, J. (Hosts). (2010-present) Stuff To Blow Your Mind “From the Vault: Invention of the Book”, Part 1 and 2. https://www.iheart.com/podcast/stuff-to-blow-your-mind-21123915/