Definition of Technology

I am currently finished revising my resume and cover letter, which includes my teaching philosophy. Moreover, it includes my technology philosophy, as there are countless reasons why technology is a key aspect of learning in today’s schools. I found that David Jonassen definition of technology to be similar to my own philosophy, where teachers should focus on being a facilitator of knowledge, and the technology helps the educator to specialize individual instruction. Furthermore, I believe technology will allow the learner to be involved in student-centred and project-based learning, which contributes to students to apply problem-solving and critical thinking skills.

As a special education teacher, Technology-Enhanced Learning Experiences (TELEs) should involve scaffolding knowledge for students with diverse needs and the technology is there to help the students complete tasks and bypass an area of difficulty. For instance, assistive technological tools such as Read&Write for Google empowers students to be more independent learners without the assistance of their teacher and enhances the opportunity to be contributors with their peers.