Application Package

Please find the application package for a summer studentship at the Lockwood laboratory.  The package contains all the required documents including:

• The original advertisement/email posting
  • A cover letter addressed to the Principal Investigator (PI)
  • A curriculum vitae formatted as a reverse chronological resume
  • 3 reference letter requests

I believe that the strength of the application will assist in the acquisition of the summer studentship and showcases my technical writing skills applied to my personal passions and future career goals.

Application Packaging Process v2 by Ben Crosthwaite

Job Posting – The summer studentship was advertised via a forwarded email to the students of PCTH 302, an introductory pharmacology laboratory course.

Enclosure: Lockwood_Laboratory_Summer_Studentship_Placement_Advertisement

Cover Letter – Addressed to the PI, the cover letter showcases the skills necessary for the position and unique skills that I can provide to stand out from other applicants.

Enclosure: Cover_Letter_Lockwood

Resume/Curriculum Vitae – The “curriculum vitae” consists of a reverse chronological resume, allowing for ease of viewing all recent skills and qualifications for the position, with the most relevant achievements at the top.  For a searchable resume, please refer to the resume page here.

Enclosure: Science_Resume_Quentin_Michalchuk

Reference Letter Requests – Three reference requests, one to an English professor, one to an Principal Investigator in clinical research and the final to a recommended referee as advertised in the job posting.  These are designed to showcase different personal attributes that make me the ideal candidate for the position, specifically, communication skills, research skills and networking/therapeutic skills.

Enclosure: Reference_Request- Dr. Biermann, Reference_Request – Georgia, Reference_Request – McMillan