Lab 2 and Lab 3

Let’s check out some growth results of the unknown microbe from the contaminated water sample inoculated in the EMB agar and XLD agar. The colour of the XLD agar changed to bright yellow colour which is very cool! The colour of colonies displayed on the EMB agar is pretty shiny.

IMG_1643 IMG_1642 IMG_1641 IMG_1640

Note that the growth results of unknown microbe from the contaminated water sample inoculated in Luria agar plate under different conditions are very different. For plate #1, we can see that there are a lot of colonies on the agar plate. However, there are very few colonies on the #4 agar plate which was inoculated the heat treated water sample .

IMG_1632 IMG_1633 QQ图片20150928215101IMG_1639

In lab 1, I isolated unknown bacteria from a contaminated water sample and inoculated the MacConkey agar plate. Let’s check out the growth results on the MacConkey agar plate.

IMG_1644 MacConkey

In lab 2, I inoculated a variety of differential test media using the unknown microbe that corresponds to colonies on the MacConkey agar plate used in lab 1. In lab 3, I did the biochemical test for identification of the unknown bacteria from the contaminated water sampleLet’s take a look at the differential tests results!

QQ图片20150928212047