My Marketing Plan Assignment

I’m not a good actor. I have never edited videos before. I have never dared to write a script.

This simple description of some of my ‘attributes’ may imply that when I first heard that one of our projects was a video, I wasn’r particularly thrilled.

After a couple of meetings and brainstorming sessions with my group, I was able to see that the task we were given was not as hard as I once thought. When some of my group mates mentioned they had previous experience with videos, I thought this would be a good idea for me to learn something new and develop a new skill. The first task we gave ourselves was to summarize all the previous assignments we did about our company (Electronic Arts), and that was inf act the hardest part since we had to narrow down, several pages of writing into 5 minutes of video.

Once that was done we needed to figure out a format. That is when I realized that a News report about EA could be a good and simple way to convey our message as it would allow us to give different views about about the company (Anchors, reporters, analysts…)

The turning point of the video was once we realized that our project was going to be peer evaluated. This came as a relief to me because I knew that since our class mates would be the ones evaluating our project we needed to use a different approach. In order to make our video interesting for someone our age, both language and images had to be adapted into fitting our own age group, which was not hard.

Overall I felt that the project was challenging but extremely beneficial when it was done and that peer evaluation’s made the project more entertaining.

Amazon’s New Delivery System

Amazon Octocopter on displayThis blog post is inspired in The Washington Post’s blog ‘The Switch’, written by Timothy B. Lee.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/12/01/amazon-wants-to-deliver-packages-in-30-minutes-with-drones/

When I first heard that Amazon was studying the possibility of using personal drones to deliver products within 30 minutes after the purchase I thought it was a bad joke. At most, it could have been a good advertising move to get technology enthusiasts engaged in the idea and the brand. Later, while I read through Timothy B. Lee’s blog I realized that Amazon’s CEO, Jeffrey P. Bezos, was not kidding and that the Federal Aviation Administration may in fact allow the use of private drones in American air space after 2015.

This revolutionary idea that Amazon may launch in the near future would not be just an incredible technological advance but it would mean so much in terms of distribution for the company. If you take into consideration that Amazon is became the largest online retailer by delivering their products on a 2 day system, reducing their delivery time to 30 minutes could mean a lot more. Although online shopping produces a lot more comfort to most customers, it has sometimes stopped me from making purchases simply because of my immediate need of a product.

If Amazon became successful with this new idea, they would expand their audiences as more people would opt to buy at amazon and get their product delivered faster than a pizza, instead of having to leave their houses in order to buy the new GTA for example.
These drones will definitely come in hand when I realize that I forgot to buy someone a birthday present while making my way to their birthday party…

Pic: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25180906