My Thoughts on Effective Social Media Branding

For this blog, I’m going to share some of my own advice that have helped me be successful in building a following. By following, I don’t mean that I’m famous. What I feel I’ve been really effective at doing though, is using social media as a means of personal branding. In my opinion, social can be used as a means of reinforcing your views and passions, and creating points of conversations between yourself and your network. Here’s how I do things. I thought I’d share!

I personally lpronounce_doge4.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlargeike sharing moments that I’m proud of being a part of. Photography is one of my passions, and there is nothing more satisfying than taking a beautiful image that moves people, and captures emotions. Here are some key points on how, what and when to share.
1. Keep your posts impactful – you should be mindful of what you post, and each post should be unique, and intriguing. Even when its on the same subject
2. Less is more – in my opinion, less words that get to the point is better than paragraphs upon paragraphs of content. No one will read it. It goes well with number one too. If there is nothing of note to post about, don’t feel obliged to post
3. Wit is your best friend – I love witty captions. They really help you get your point across in a playful, yet sophisticated manner, and gets people thinking… and laughing. Who doesn’t like laughter?
So there you have it. Social media advice based on my experiences. Take it with a grain of salt. But trust me. They work.