The Behemoth That Is Apple Music

Being a music buff myself, I decided to compare two music streaming behemoths for my last blog post. Spotify has been dominating the music streaming business for a long time. But most recently, Apple has decided to enter the music streaming business as well with its own service, Apple Music. Here are two reasons I think that Apple Music will eventually overtake Spotify, and other music streaming services, to become even more ubiquitous in todays world.
1. Apples Vast Resource Pool – Apple is one of the world’s biggest companies, wit a market cap that is always in the top 3. This means that Apple has a large resource pool to pull from, and enough legitimacy to work with big name artists and record labels to provide outstanding services to the customer. Though Spotify has a video.yahoofinance.com@10d815b5-1cb5-35b6-9887-406d226c4c9e_FULLpresence, it is definitely not as outstanding as Apple’s
2. Outstanding Value Added – Apple Music offers some features that other services do not, and all for the same price of $9.99 per month. Its content and recommendations is curated by Apple employees, which would then suggest music choices based on the stuff you listen to already. It also creates a social space for music lovers, and even allows fans to engage with their favourite artists. Extreme value added for a low price.
It’s somewhat sad to see large corporations dominating yet another category of digital business, but I predict that Apple Music will inevitably take over. Its service offers a much greater range of value added services than its competitors, and does so at the same price. Consumers will soon realize it and switch over. It’s only a matter of time.