Email to Prospective Members of Professional Writing Team

Subject: RE: English 301 Professional Writing Team Invitation
To: Ashley Yuan <yuanashl@student.ubc.ca>
From: Mila Tung <yung.99@alumni.ubc.ca>
Date: September 22, 2020
———————————————————————————————–

Dear Ashley Yuan,

Thank you for your interest in considering me as a prospective member of your professional writing team. After reading your application letter and biography, I believe our similar work habits and philosophy align, so I am delighted to accept this position.  

I am intrigued by the diversity of your professional experiences, and I commend you for taking the time and patience to pursue a second degree while balancing co-curricular activities.  I also appreciate that you address where you are less experienced and are prepared to overcome this challenge by taking this course. Your self-awareness and diligence will be a great asset to the team. Your work ethic is truly inspiring and I hope our mutual experience in writing research papers can be a start for us to grow as a team in technical writing skills and more. 

If there is any additional information you would like addressed, please feel welcome to let me know.

Thank you, again for this wonderful opportunity to be a part of your team.

Kind regards,

Mila Tung

Application Letter enclosed: 301 Mila Tung Application Letter

Subject: English 301 Professional Writing Team Invitation
To: Jen Deluz <jksdeluz@student.ubc.ca>
From: Mila Tung <yung.99@alumni.ubc.ca>
Date: September 22, 2020
———————————————————————————————–

Dear Jen Deluz,

I am writing to express my interest in forming a writing team with you. After reading your application letter and biography, I strongly believe you would be a great asset to the team.

Your professional experience as a junior software developer is impressive as it shows growth and maturity. Your experience with clients also indicates great problem solving skills, motivation, as well as collaborative skills, all of which are qualities that would contribute greatly to the team. I firmly believe that maintaining communication and having patience, as recognized in your application letter, are key to creating a productive team. In addition, our different approach to realizing the importance of “clear and effective communication” may serve as an interesting learning experience for the both of us.

Please consider my proposal to be a member of our ENGL 301 Professional Writing Team. A copy of my application letter is attached below for your consideration. If you have any further questions, please feel welcome to contact me via email at yung.99@alumni.ubc.ca, or visit my blog for more information.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Mila

To: Jonathan Ho <jonathho@student.ubc.ca>
From: Mila Tung <yung.99@alumni.ubc.ca>
Date: September 22, 2020
———————————————————————————————–

Dear Jonathan Ho,

I am writing to express my interest in forming a professional writing team with you. I have read your application letter and biography, I believe share common values to form a successful team.

I am impressed by your academic and professional background. Your attention to detail, ability to write in a condensed manner, and experience in professional writing will be a great asset to the team. Your work experience in addition to your understanding of what time of the day you are most productive also shows good time management and a mature approach to decision-making. Since we both have experience in writing techniques as a Biology student, I believe we can help each other find more appropriate technical writing skills that are not unique to skills applied in writing research papers.

I have attached a copy of my application letter below. If you have any further questions, please feel welcome to contact me via email at yung.99@alumni.ubc.ca, or visit my blog for more information.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Mila Tung