Min Soo Yoo's Blog

Choco-Pie!!!

January 24th, 2011 · No Comments

It was just an ordinary day, I was home during weekend and I was watching television. I got hungry so I got up and grabbed some Korean snack which is called choco-pie. First of all, choco-pie is similar to wagon wheel with lots of marshmallow and there is about 24 wrapped snacks inside the big package. So, I sat down and tried to open the snack and realized they wrote something new on the choco-pie’s wrap. It was about the facts saying how good their product was. But one of the quotes that caught me was the marshmallow quote. Well, just a year ago, there was a rumor about how marshmallow was 100% purely fat and most of this choco-pie is marshmallow. So people started to say, they should not eat choco-pie and choco-pie’s revenue dropped.

(the pink part is the marshmallow quote)

In the quote, it said marshmallow is 0% of fat. Also, it stated that choco-pie has 0mg of cholesterol, and 0g of trans fat.  This snack’s company, Orion, is providing the facts and new information to correct the people’s negative view on the snack. So Orion is using cognitive component to change people’s attitude.  I thought it was interesting and started to look at the other wrapper. I found out that there are three different quotes. One was the marshmallow and the other one was saying about how safely they wrapped and packed the snack which is another cognitive component. The last one was about how they are being green. They are using different plastic type for wrapping the snack to stay green. Right away, I thought this is using affective part of attitude. Orion is making emotional connection through being green. Also, people feel great about themselves because they feel like they are involved in this ‘being green’ project. I thought it was amazing how marketing is everywhere. I always thought marketing has to be fancy advertisement but marketing is everywhere, even on the snack wrapper.

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.