Min Soo Yoo's Blog

Coke and CANCER?

February 24th, 2011 · No Comments

I am totally in love with Coca Cola and not in favor of Pepsi. I always thought Pepsi is too sweet and Coke is the best. Coke is in my refrigerator almost 24/7. So during the weekend, I was chilling at my house as usual, surfing the internet. As I skim through the internet news…… I saw COKE CAUSING CANCER! I clicked on it to read full text. When I finished reading, I slowly stared at the cup of Coke I was holding. Then I thought ‘okay…… this is the last cup of Coke I will ever have in my life…….’ So I drank whole thing and stopped drinking since then because I want to live long.

I had a long day on last Tuesday. I was tired, hungry and grumpy. I went to the store and before I realize I was naturally standing in front of COKE section. Then it reminded me of habitual decision making in marketing. Purchasing a coke did not even require a thought. Unconsciously, I was automatically in front of Coke thinking I need a Coke. Then, I also thought how I was being so loyal to Coca Cola. I did not even consider alternative brands or other alternative drinks but just needed Coke to relieve. Then, I understood why companies are trying hard to retain their loyal customers.   

In the end, I did not buy Coke. But indeed, I was standing in front of it for five minutes to whether I should buy it or not.

Just an update now, Coke is getting sued for having a cancer causing chemicals.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2006/08/25/benzene-beverages.html

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.