Farewell to Blogging (for now)

by Suzanne Jolly on December 1, 2009

Suz in the backcountry (Garibaldi Provincial Park- November 09)It’s with great sadness that I have discovered that this is our last week of blogging! I can’t believe how quickly time has flown by, and how much blogging like this has taught me.  I am looking into the idea of starting a new blog in January…so you’ll have to keep up to speed on that by reading our e-newsletter called Healthy UBC.

So let’s check the map: Where am I now, compared to where I began?

Look back at my blog entries and the way I’ve spent my life since we started.  

We find:

• yoga classes at different UBC providers
  • how I’ve overcome feeling down
  • not much stretching (despite receiving a C in my midterm-ish report card)
  • lots of coffee after very little coffee, then a more moderate amount of coffee and an truce on the coffee battle
  • more water
  • Gratitude via my best things like: laughter, friendship, new opportunities, courteous bus riders
  • very few headaches
  • my renewed love for my favourite pillow

So you know what? This blog has been good for my health. It’s regular reflection and a way to hold myself to my goals.  I have loved it.  And I have seen a real improvement in my health.  I also have seen a real improvement in my love for my work as well- because through this blog I have known what it is that is on the minds of my colleagues.   I also am planning on using any of my Christmas money (aka gifts) towards signing up for a regular yoga class and a climbing pass.  Because I’ve realized that money is so much better spent on my health than on another piece of clothing or more stuff for my house.

My best thing today:  “White Christmas” sung at the Seasonal Concert today brought me to the verge of tears because it was sung so beautifully.

My best thing since I started blogging: Writing about my health and realizing that people actually cared enough to read about it and comment about it.  I’m so grateful to work at an institution where people care about people!