Pages

Blogroll

December 2012
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

STEM 2012 Conference in Beijing China

My colleagues and I had an amazing opportunity to attend the STEM 2012 Conference in Beijing China. The conference was organized by our colleagues at Beijing Normal University (this university just celebrated its first centennial anniversary). This was the second such conference – the first one was help at QUT – the Queensland University of Technology, Australia two years ago. In 2014, we will host the third conference at UBC. It was a very interesting conference. I enjoyed meeting science and mathematics educators from all over the world and learning from them. I also very much enjoyed my workshop – as people actively participated in it (STEM_Beijing2012_Milner-Bolotin Final). It was a very special experience both cultural and professional. I hope we will be able to organize a great conference as well.

2 Responses to STEM 2012 Conference in Beijing China

1. Robert Anthony

Congratulations to UBC for hosting the next STEM in Education Conference in 2014. I had the immense pleasure of attending the Beijing conference and can honestly say it was one of the most engaging conferences I have attended in recent years. There were a number of issues related to STEM education and social implications that emerged. I am looking forward to 2014 to see how these issues mature.

2. Marina Milner-Bolotin

I agree with you Robert. It was a very interesting conference. I hope we will be able to host as engaging a conference here in Canada. I hope to see you at CSSE in May!