Proposal Memo

Not only did I have to write a proposal, but I also had the opportunity to practice my memo writing skills by summarising my proposal in a memo for my instructor. I accidentally submitted a very rough draft, but luckily I got the opportunity to fix my memo and submit the improved one. Once I submitted the final copy, I was quite pleased with my work and noticed myself getting more comfortable in memo writing.

Proposal Memo

MEMORANDUM

To: Erika Paterson, Professor

From: Matilda Murray, Student

Date: 22nd June 2022

Subject: Summary of Report Proposal

I have completed and posted my formal report proposal on how to attract more customers to the King’s Arms. In the proposal, I discuss:

• Audience Description – Wadworth Brewery executive team (owners of the King’s Arms).
  • Introduction – The King’s Arms background, who it typically caters to and the struggles it has had due to the pandemic.
  • Statement of Problem – The lack of revenue due to losing clients from nearby office workers as they work remotely.
  • Proposed Solution – To remodel the pub and create an outdoor space that will attract younger customers.
  • Scope of Questions – Customer wants, pub attractiveness, cost of remodelling, demographics, other issues at hand.
  • Primary and Secondary Sources – How I will research the idea through interviews, questionnaires and secondary sources such as government records.
  • My qualifications – Years of experience as a barmaid, growing up in the area, being the same age as the target demographic.
  • Conclusion – A summary of how the pub is struggling to attract customers and how and why this needs to change.

Thank you for your time. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Enclosure: Report Proposal