About Me

Hi there!

My name is Nathan Bristow and I am Canadian technology educator. I graduated from University of British Columbia and British Columbia’s Institute of Technology specializing in Technology Education. I have been working with youth for the majority of my life: running soccer camps, volunteering and working as a camp counsellor, and working in Early Childhood Education Centers in New Zealand. I have always enjoyed creating – be it websites, wooden furniture, or underwater robots – and I have a great enthusiasm to share this passion with others.

I have lived in the Greater Vancouver area for the majority of my life (with a year in New Zealand) and have always loved being outdoors, hiking, camping, canoeing/kayaking, and going on adventures in this wonderful wide world we live in. I have hiked all over the province in Yoho National Park, Mt. Robson, Manning Park, Glacier National Park, Whistler, and many other locations. I’ve trekked through England, continental Europe, Finland, and New Zealand on multiple trips and I know I’ve not come close to finishing my travels. I am always looking to expand my horizons mentally and physically through life-long learning and adventuring.

My latest adventure was my wife and I living and teaching for two years up above the Arctic Circle in the small hamlet of Aklavik. We delivered the high school program at Moose Kerr School to an entirely Indigenous student population which was a wonderful new experience for us.

I have returned to teach at the Abbotsford School of Integrated Arts (ASIA) Sumas and am very excited to continue the great adventure of being a teacher!