“***k you. You’ll take what we give you.”

As my fellow classmate has recently pointed out phoneblocks are dangerously close to reshaping the global smartphone market, creating possibly a shock wave higher and stronger than the one Apples’ first Iphone has once created.

It is striking me how technologically saturated our present is. 3D printers, Spherical cameras (check this out, pretty cool example of how an individual may threaten to reshape the whole camera market). The same concept works for phoneblocks, and I expect this new format of phone to come out as soon as possible.

For the past 5 years the smartphone market was in the deep stagnation. Stagnation of ideas, to be correct. Producers were making their phones smaller and smaller, and now they are back on trend of making them enourmous (just look at the new Samsung Note).
Also, no one has really come up with anything interesting since Iphone 1. Our smarthphones are still touch-screen machines that can somewhat substitute computers.

As for the marketing, I think that Murat is missing a something when he says “but do you want to have the same phone for a decade?”. We have to realize that phone market is being ruled by producers. Steve Jobs did not do a market research when creating an Iphone. He just came up with idea of the phone, and kept feeding it to the whole world for over a decade. This market work more as stated in this joke:
Apple: “**ck you. You’ll take what we give you.”

I cant see why this concept wont apply to the phoneblock.