Reflection on Energyaware

Janice, a Sauder graduate and now CEO of Energyaware, presented about the arduous process she had to go through to start her business and shape it to be what it is now. I have always had ideas for starting a business and after Janice’s presentation, I became inspired and thought maybe I could also start turning these ideas into a business in which my ideas can benefit the world’s consumers.

I have always thought to start a business, you had to already be very skilled and knowlegeable in the whole start-up process and the management afterwards but from Janice’s experiences, it seems like CEOs can start with little knowledge of starting and running businesses and learn through the process and slowly make your way through the gray areas.

Regarding Janice’s company, I believe that after opening up to the individual consumers, the company will not as successful with individual customers as they are with companies. I think the company should focus on expanding company customer market globally, since they already have expanded to Australia, instead of opening their market to individuals. My suggestion is that they team up with security companies and other companies that have similar technology and ideas so they could combine their technologies and mutually increase profits to create better products.

Links:

http://www.energy-aware.com/