Posted by: | 10th Nov, 2010

Green Fashion…

… Its not the usual hemp dresses, but brands we know and love taking a step to be a little greener. 

Victoria’s Secret. Banana Republic. Target. H & M. Nike. 

Check it out!!!

I’m pretty impressed to see Victoria’s Secret moving towards ‘green fashion.’ Lingerie isn’t the first category I would think of when thinking about categories that could have the potential to be a little more green. But here is Victoria’s Secret, potentially a very unsustainable company taking the step. I think that is awesome. Get me a mint bra!!!

Responses

Do you think there could be some problems with companies like these ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ and perhaps not even being certified properly or making false claims? Or do you think its just consumer skepticism from my part?

I totally agree that these companies are just ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ and they could be making false claims. BUT I feel that because they are new products they would have to have some certification, and that it is not just a marketing scheme. Also isn’t it better for the companies to be making baby steps rather than no steps?

Leave a response

Your response: