Posted by: | 2nd Dec, 2010

Spinning Energy!!!

Similar to my post about the Pavement Energy, this is something that has always excited me: Making energy while working out. I always feel ridiculous running on the treadmill or spinning on a stationary bike. It just seems like such a waste that we all go to the gym to run for hours, using electricity just to get fit. Our lifestyles are really that unhealthy that we have to go run like little mice? It just seems so ridiculous when you really think about it. But hey we still do it so why not make something of it? I had a spinning and yoga instructor that always talked about feeding off the energy in the room and she loved to turn the lights off and tell us to absorb the energy. Sounds crazy but you could feel it. Her dream is to run a gym that is self powered. And I was really excited when I found this article about Green Revolution that provides energy for gyms and recreation facilities. This should probably become mandatory. There is a little device that attaches to your spin bike to monitor how much energy you are producing. Now you can measure your calories, pace and energy produced. AWESOME.

Leave a response

Your response: