Self-Reflection

As the term comes to an end, I often find myself reflecting on the various concepts I have learned during the term.

Coming into the course, I viewed it as a filler course that I only took as it is a required course for my degree. However, after completing numerous assignments,  I can confidently say that this course was one of the most beneficial courses I have taken in my undergraduate journey. Previously required courses such as creative writing, math, and philosophy focused on lessons that I would not directly use in my future career aspirations. In contrast, the lessons in this course can be directly translated and used in a number of situations after I graduate.

One difficulty that I ran into when completing the course was my time management skills towards the end of the course. As the course is slightly right-skewed with more time-consuming assignments situated near the end of the term, I found deadlines quickly approaching.  Once I was aware of the status of the assignments due, I developed a study plan that accommodated the course load of this course and my other five courses I am taking.

Overall I am glad this course was a required course for my degree as I don’t think I would have enrolled in it as an elective course. In the future, I will remember the lessons learned in the course and look back on my previous assignments when composing the various forms of technical communication.